Visa Sponsorship For Internship In USA | Work and Study In US

Visa Sponsorship For Internship to Work and Study In the USA – Here Are some questions you need to be answerable to;


Do you want to further your studies in the USA while working?

Or do you want to gain a special skill in your area of study through internship programs?

Are you financially unstable and need visa sponsorship?


Here, is a breakdown of how you can get an internship in the USA; Get the full details Today and Do free to ask questions and also share them with your friends both far and near its all free of charge;


USA Visa Sponsorship For Internship

USA Visa Sponsorship For Internship

The j1 American visa is the answer to all these questions. This type of visa is known as the Exchange Visitor (J) non-immigrant visa. It is specially designed for work and study programs in the United States. The beneficiaries are research scholars, professors, Interns, Trainees, Physicians, Specialists, and other fields of art and culture that require special training that is not obtainable in your home country.


J1 visa is similar to the F1 visa as two of them can allow you to work while you are studying. However, the difference lies in their financial support or sponsorship. The J1 visa allows financial support through a sponsor whereas the F1 is solely on the shoulder of the applicant.

Nevertheless, if you are a medical practitioner looking for a way to migrate to the USA, it is easier for you to enter through an internship visa type (J1 visa) rather than the H1b or work permit type of visa.

Eligibility for Internship in USA with J1 visa

  • The student must be a foreign student who is currently pursuing a degree program in his country
  • Or who have graduated not more than 12 months before their exchange visitor program start date.
  • A Transcript certificate for graduates
  • Certificate from the institution attended (if a graduate)
  • Certificate of English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, CPE, etc.)
  • A designated sponsor that is ready to enroll you in their program
  • Program fees as stipulated by your sponsor
  • SEVIS I-901 fees and visa fees
  • Medical insurance ( this may be given to you by your sponsor)

What is Visa Sponsorship?

Visa sponsorship simply means a company or someone from the country you are visiting agreeing to take full responsibility for your stay in the country. The sponsor may be a friend, your spouse, or an organization that may wish you work for them.

In addition, your sponsor must provide you with shelter, a job, and other financial support. Therefore, a J1 applicant will only be taken through a legitimate sponsor that is active in your home country.

How to Apply for an Internship in the USA

Follow the steps below if you are trying to get an internship program or training in the USA. Click the application below to see options for sponsors that can help you with your visa.

Step 1. Get a sponsor

The first step is to find a sponsor that can allow you into their program. Each of the sponsors has its criteria for selecting students for their program. But, you must do well with your English proficiency test since it is a prerequisite used by many sponsors to select their candidates.

For your Internship in the USA, you can start on this Sponsor database to search for the list of sponsors.

Step 2. Fill out the DS-2019 form

The DS-2019 form is a document that is issued to you by your designated sponsor. It is known as the “Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status” and contains information regarding your sponsor, you, and the type of program you enroll into.

This form serves as a means of applying for an interview with the US embassy or consulate. Also, if you have a spouse or a dependent following you to the US, they will be given their DS-2022 form under the J2 type of visa.

You can learn how to apply for the DS-2022 form below.

Step 3. Pay up your fees

You will be required to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as part of your J-1 visa application. However, some sponsor organizations take care of this bill for the candidates in their program. Therefore, you have to confirm first with your sponsor before going ahead with the payment.

Another fee is the Nonimmigrant Visa Application Processing Fee which is $160. This fee is paid to the State Department services.

All the receipts for the fees are to be taken to the embassy during the interview. However, if your sponsor happens to pay any of the fees, make sure to collect the receipts before the interview.

Step 4. prepare for an Interview with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate

This is the final but delicate step in getting a j1 visa for an internship in the USA. \The US embassy has the right to deny you a visa even when you already have a sponsor.

The first part of this Phase is to present the consulate or embassy with the required documents. The documents include;

  • One (1) 2×2 photograph
  • DS 2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status
  • A Training/Internship Placement Plan, Form DS-7002
  • Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160
  • A valid passport for travel to the U.S

The second part is the interview with the consulate. The applicant is to be clear when presenting the need for his program and also try to convince the consulate that he is willing to leave the country once the internship program is over.

recommendation: More about the USA Visa Sponsorship For Internship to Work and Study Abroad; You can also learn more on how to apply for an Internship in the USA by visiting the United States Embassy website for More information and to proceed with your registration.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *