Pre-registration Examination for Pharmacist (PEP 2021 Result) – How To Apply for 2022
Pre-registration Examination for Pharmacist on Full review are on this page and do ask questions with the comment box or contact us page;
(PEP) Pre-registration Examination for Pharmacist
Is your one year internship program over? – If yes, congratulations. You are a step closer to having a license to practice as a pharmacist in Nigeria. In this post is a step by step procedure on how to register for the Pre-registration Examination for Pharmacist (PEP).
What is PEP examination?
PEP stands for Pre registration examination for Pharmacist who wish to practice in Nigeria including the international graduates. This exam is conducted by the Pharmacy council of Nigeria under the PCN Act, CAP P17 LFN 2004.
The examination was approved on the may 21, 2015 by this body. Since 2015, the exam holds twice every year (March and October). Therefore, young pharmacists have to choose the month that is more convenient for them and also when their Certification of Experience will be ready to apply. Go through the post to get the syllabus and the PEP website for official registration.
Notwithstanding, Each candidate can only sit for this exam at the maximum of four (4) sittings. Any candidate who fails four times shall be required to undergo a refresher program as may be prescribed by PCN before trying the fifth time.
Reasons for Pre-registration Examination for Pharmacist (PEP)
The PEP exam is designed to ascertain the level of knowledge, attitude and skills that interns acquire during their one year internship program.
Therefore, the PEP exam is design to touch all the areas of pharmacy such as Community, Industrial, Academic, Hospital and Administrative pharmacy.
Hence, its also a way to monitor the standard of internship training centers and monitor the activities of the trainee.
Finally, this exam is designed for licensure, therefore, is the last assessment for all supposed pharmacists who will be practicing. The exam is an avenue to make sure they are fit before dishing them out to practice.
Who is eligible to write PEP?
For you to be eligible and competent to write the pre registration examination for Pharmacist, you must have the following;
- Acquisition of a minimum of Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B. pharm) or its equivalent from an institution recognized by PCN.
- Must have completed the internship training program for not less than one year under a registered pharmacist in an approved internship training center.
- Have to Obtain the certificate of experience, signed and sealed by the Preceptor.
- Applicants trained outside Nigeria and not registered/licensed in the country of training, in addition to the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Orientation Program (FPGOP), shall undertake the internship training.
- The candidate have not sat for the examination for more than 4 times.
- If you have obtained the above prerequisite – congratulations, it is time to go for the registration of the exam.
Requirements for PEP registration
- Duly filled and endorsed form P ( To be endorsed by your internship preceptor).
- Two recent passport photographs
- Photocopies of Statement of Result or Degree Certificate
- Certificate of Experience
- Certificate of Provisional Registration.
- Evidence of payment of the prescribed fee.
Evidence of successful completion of the FPGOP (for international graduates)
PEP registration Form and Syllabus
Before you consider applying to register and write the PEP exam, it is important that you go through the form and the manual. The PEP manual contains all you need to know about the exam, an area for your preceptor endorsement and the PEP syllabus.
You can get the hard copy of this document in any PCN office or you can go ahead and download the soft copy at the PEP website here.
Download PEP Syllabus
How to register for the PEP exam
The process of registration is online and it involves the following steps below.
- Visit the PCN portal for registration. Here is the link for the PEP website PEP registration portal
- Generate a remita code and make the necessary payment.
- Go back to the site and input your remita RRR and email address.
- Fill the Form P and put your choice of examination center
- Upload a recent passport.
- Print your examination slip
Note: In addition to online registration, you are to get an examination manual from the PCN office. At the back of the manual is where your preceptor can endorse and provide his/her license number.
Do’s and Don’ts of the examination
- Make sure you dressed properly to the exam.
- Be at your examination venue 1 hour before the time. Note: You cannot enter the exam hall after 30 mins of commencement.
- Bring a photocopy of you endorsed and detached application slip as a proof of identity.
- Make sure you submit your application form earlier to the PCN zonal office because no exam for you if your name is not on the official list on the day of exam.
- Try to avoid any form of exam malpractice. Visit the PCN office to see the punishment for each of the offence.
- Do not forget to write your examination number on your scripts.
- Finally, always remember to read every examination instruction before commencement.
The first step to the exam preparation is to make up your mind and determine to study for the examination. Write a time table and make sure you give yourself time for revision before exam.
Secondly, as men of honor, we always join hands. With regards to that, there are many PEP study groups on WhatsApp and Telegram. Ask your classmates or internship mates to give you links to join.
In summary, make sure you read with the syllabus as a guide because, the examination contains 200 multiple questions enacted from the syllabus.
As a reminder, go through past questions and see if you can score above 50% , that is, being able to answer correctly 100 questions.
October 2020 pep Result
Did you write the latest October 2020 pep Examination? … The Result is now out which you can download the list in PDF so as to check for yours and your friends own free of charge and right from your Mobile or PC device.
Information for 1 Cycle 2021 Examination
Here is an additional information for New Applicants; Do you wish to rewrite or your are a Fresh Applicant, There is the best details you have to note:
- The 1 cycle for 2021 will hold on March 21, 2021 at designated centers.
- Candidates interested in writing the March 2021 examination are required to register online via www.pcnmcpd/pep. No manual registration please.
- Registration Closes on March 09, 2021.
As you embark this journey of professionalism. Feel free to use the comment box if you have a question with regards to the registration process. Or subscribe to our channel to be getting an undiluted information about pharmacy practice in Nigeria. (Pre-registration Examination for Pharmacist) Good luck!!!;