UK Student Visa Full Guideline >> How To Apply For Easy Approval
Most of the international students that wants to study in the UK will need to get a UK Student Visa, while some of will not be needing any visa. Find out whether you need to apply for a visa by clicking here on GOV.UK.
The UK Student Visa allows you reside and study in the UK throughout the duration of your course. Therefore, this post offers a complete guideline on the application process of the UK Student Visa. However, before going into details of the application process, below is the list of the application process to have a hint on what we will be discussing.
- Apply to a university in UK and get an admission letter
- Types of UK Student Visa
- Requirements for UK Student Visa
- Visa application
- Visa fees
- Final notes
Having seen what the application process of UK Student Visa looks like, it’s time to go into detailed explanation of each step.
Apply To A University In UK And Get An Admission Letter
Primarily, this is the step to consider before applying for a UK Student Visa. You will have to issue an application to the university of your preference in the UK. After being accepted by the university, you will receive an application letter which you need for the visa application. Click here to see the list of UK universities we recommend. The next step is to find out if you need a Student Visa to study in the UK.
Types Of UK Student Visa
However, there are two types of visas that you might need to study in the UK. They include:
Short-Term Student Visa:
This type of visa is for international students who plan to study a short language course. It’s validity is up to six months for most short courses and can be extended for the duration of up 11 months for English language courses.
Tier 4 [General] Student Visa:
This type of visa is for students who enlist in an academic degree like Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD courses. The validity of this type of visa is determined by the duration of your studies.
Requirements For UK Student Visa
In order to meet up with the criteria for UK Student Visa, you must be able to provide the following documents outlined below;
- Complete visa application form.
- Valid passport.
- One recent passport-sized photograph.
- Evidence you have financial support throughout your stay. This can be inform of bank statement or a letter from your financial sponsor proving you can cover your tuition fees, accommodation fees and living costs.
- You must prove that you are proficient in English language by passing one of the secure English language tests [SELT].
- You may be required to present documents that prove your academic qualification.
International students can apply for their UK visa at UK embassy in their country, or online via the British official website; Gov.UK. You can apply six months before the start date of your course. Then, you will get a decision concerning your visa within 3 weeks. As part of your application process you will have to prove your identity. The method which this is done depends on your locality. It’s either;
- You provide a photograph and your fingerprints at the visa application center [to get a biometric residence permit].
- Or use the UK immigration; ID check app to scan your identity documents.
The fee depends on the type of visa you’re applying for. However, here is the breakdown of charges on each type:
Tier 4 [General] student visa:
The application fee for the visa costs 348 pounds and an extra 348 pounds per person for any dependents. Then, you will also need to pay 470 pounds per year as healthcare surcharge to have access to the National Healthcare Services during your stay in the UK.
Short-Term Student Visa:
It costs 97 pounds for a six months visa and 186 pounds for 11 months visa
- You must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies [CAS] from a licensed university before applying for UK Student Visa.
- Make sure you have complete and accurate information before you start the application process.
- As an international student you can work on a Student Visa if you have the Tier 4 student visa. However, you are can’t work on the short-term student visa. Then, you will also be able to take up a work placement as part of your course.
- If you wish to remain in the UK after your study, you must apply for a work visa. Unless you meet the criteria for a two-year post-study work visa [Graduate Immigration Route] for foreign students.
- The application processing time for the UK Student Visa is usually for a period 3 weeks [15 working days].
- Mode of payment can be; online via Visa card or Mastercard or through cash payment at visa application center.
Get more updates on UK Student Visa on GOV.UK official website.