Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
Do you wish to study in the United States? Good news! Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students to pursue their studies abroad. Applications for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Program are now open to international students to enroll in a non-degree program in the United States for the 2022/2023 edition of the fellowship program.
The Humphrey Program brings young and mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
Moreover, the Humphrey Fellowship Program is for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the United States and Fellows’ home countries. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Program. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, application instructions, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Program
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program enhances leadership among international professionals who collaborate to address local and global challenges and foster change for our collective good. Through academic study and professional development with United States counterparts, this growing global network shares best practices and builds expertise in fields of critical importance to advance societal and institutional capacity, promote human rights and freedoms, ensure sustainable environments, and develop thriving communities.
Moreover, the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States for experienced professionals from designated countries throughout the world. Applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree, a minimum of five years of substantial professional experience, limited or no prior experience in the United States, demonstrated leadership qualities, and a record of public service in the community.
Furthermore, here’s a brief description of the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Program.
The United States Government
Fellows are placed at one of the participating USA universities. Fellows are not able to choose which university they will attend. Instead, they are assigned in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
Level of Study:
Field(s) of Study:
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. The eligible program fields are:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
See the scholarship benefits below
Number of Awards:
Approximately 200 Fellowships are awarded annually.
Mid-career professionals who are citizens of eligible countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and the Western Hemisphere.
Before 1 Oct (annual)
Moreover, successful candidates will be provided with the following inclusions.
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Furthermore, candidates must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Program.
- An undergraduate (first university) degree,
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States,
- Demonstrated leadership qualities,
- A record of public service in the community, and
- English language ability
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section, or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements. The link can be found below in the application instructions section.
How to Apply for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Program
Meanwhile, you can follow the guide below to apply for this scholarship program.
To begin with, application deadlines vary by country but fall around May to September each year. The nominating United States Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by 1 October.
Furthermore, to access the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more information about application procedures, please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or the Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country. Moreover, it is important to read the FAQs and visit the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Website: https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/