DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2022/23
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students to start their study abroad journey in 2022. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Germany on a fully-funded scholarship. Applications for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships are now open to international students to pursue their master’s degree programs among some of the top universities in Germany.
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) is offering the Helmut Schmidt Scholarships for the batch of 2022-2023; which is one of the top scholarships in Germany that targets students who come from developing countries.
Moreover, many students from these developing countries apply and are approved for the DAAD scholarship and they get the opportunity to be enrolled in various universities in Germany. The students are awarded these DAAD scholarships to study courses taught in both German and English languages. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, this article provides information in full detail on everything you need to know about the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Program (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries, who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries.
Moreover, the program, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master’s programs of particular relevance for the social, political, and economic development in the students’ countries of origin. In the light of the principles of Good Governance, highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics, and administration and prepared for future leading positions in their home countries.
Furthermore, the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Program Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Program offers very good graduates from developing countries the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political, and economic development of their home country in German institutions of higher education.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships.
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)
See the participating universities below.
Level of Study:
Field(s) of Study:
The scholarships are awarded for selected Master’s courses at German institutions of higher education listed below:
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: Social Protection
- University of Duisburg-Essen: Development and Governance
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Public Policy
- Universität Magdeburg: Peace and Conflict Studies
- Universität Passau: Development Studies
- Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisations
- University of Passau: Governance and Public Policy
- University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
The courses have an international orientation and are taught in German and/or English.
Number of Awards:
See the scholarship benefits below
The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa; Latin America; Asia and the Pacific, Western, Central, South-Eastern Europe; Eastern Europe, Central Asia & South Caucasus; and the Middle East and North Africa. See the list of eligible countries.
31 July 2022 (annual)
Furthermore, the scholarship recipients will be provided with the following inclusions.
DAAD scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Program are exempted from tuition fees. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 931 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany, appropriate travel allowance, a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
Prior to their study programs, all scholarship holders will also receive 6- months of a German language course. Participation is mandatory.
Moreover, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Applicants must be graduates from developing countries (bachelors or equivalent):
- with a well-qualified first university degree as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, and administration
- willing to actively contribute to the social, political, and economic development of their home countries/regions
- who have already gained practical experience relevant to the program (professional experience, internships, political/social commitment
- The requirements for language skills and the required language certificates vary depending on the respective master’s course. All master’s courses have their own selection criteria (degree, grades, language skills, work experience, etc.) that have to be met in addition to the DAAD’s selection criteria.
How to Apply for the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program.
To begin with, please submit your applications for the selected master`s courses and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only (not to DAAD). You must indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Program (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). The application period at all 8 universities lasts from 1 June to 31 July 2022.
Moreover, it is important to read the 2023 Announcement and visit the official website to access the scholarship application form and also for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for this scholarship program.